We deliver the possibilities of data. You define what’s possible.
The power of data is undeniable. A world that’s more predictive, more productive and more personal enables smarter decisions, breakthrough discoveries and deeper connections. As a leading provider of data storage devices and solutions, Western Digital delivers the possibilities of data. Join the team, and define what’s possible.
University Recruitment is looking for highly self-directed people to assume these technical roles and immediately contribute to the development of our newest storage products. We’re seeking highly motivated students to be a part of our RAMP program. These paid summer internship opportunities are designed to jump start your career, offering on-the-job training and a robust summer of events. As a RAMP participant, you'll work alongside technology industry professionals on real-world projects, giving you the tools and experience to get your career off the ground. Additionally, Ramp participants will attend networking events, participate in workshops, and present to the WD leadership team.
- Current student, pursuing a PhD in Data Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Data Science, Data Analytics, Machine Learning and graduating between December 2018 and June 2019
- Minimum of 3.0 GPA
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong technical skills in area of study
- Interest in HDD, flash, semiconductor, components, nonvolatile memory industry
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Strong team-player who can collaborate with colleagues
- strong coding background on Python
The candidate will work with YE engineers to develop machine learning method for wafer performance, yield and quality prediction. Different from traditional machine learning that deals with random data, wafer processes have physical principles behind it. Doing the machine learning within the physical meanings is a challenge. Depending on the background of the candidate, we may give one or multiple projects below during the internship.
- AI based imaging process for wafer defect identification and classification.
- Neural network or SVM based machine learning to predict wafer performance in backend.
- Wafer quality classification.
Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading
portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and
disk-based solutions. Deployed by the
largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions
are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they
Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal
employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western
Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws
and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law.
Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information
click here. Este empleador
participa in E-Verify.