We deliver the possibilities of data. You define what’s possible.
The power of data is undeniable. A world that’s more predictive, more productive and more personal enables smarter decisions, breakthrough discoveries and deeper connections. As a leading provider of data storage devices and solutions, Western Digital delivers the possibilities of data. Join the team, and define what’s possible.
University Recruitment is looking for highly self-directed people to assume these technical roles and immediately contribute to the development of our newest storage products. We’re seeking highly motivated Electrical, Computer, Software, Mechanical, and Material Science Engineering students to be a part of our RAMP program. These paid summer internship opportunities are designed to jump start your career, offering on-the-job training and a robust summer of events. As a RAMP participant, you'll work alongside technology industry professionals on real-world projects, giving you the tools and experience to get your career off the ground. Additionally, Ramp participants will attend networking events, participate in workshops, and present to the WD leadership team.
- Current student, pursuing a PhD in Electrical Engineering, Material Science / Chemistry, or Physics and graduating between December 2018 and June 2019
- Minimum of 3.0 GPA
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong technical skills in area of study
- Interest in HDD, flash, semiconductor, components, nonvolatile memory industry
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Strong team-player who can collaborate with colleagues
- Cleanroom experience, exposure to wafer processes such as lithography, wet etching, ion milling and reactive etching are all desirable, while thin film deposition/characterization experience a plus
We are inviting applications for an internship in the Advanced Head Development organization, where our mission is to invent and develop technology for future products, such as Heat Assisted Magnetic Recording (HAMR). This position will work on advanced lithography, planarization and metrology techniques for the optical elements that define the HAMR head.
Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading
portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and
disk-based solutions. Deployed by the
largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions
are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they
is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal
employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western
Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws
and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law.
participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information
click here. Este empleador
participa in E-Verify.