Position: Sr. Organization Development Internal Practitioner
Are you an OD Practitioner compelled to work internally, motivated by the impact that you have on business outcomes, and driven to execute because you are a part of building team and organization success? Do you have a passion about facilitating organization and culture transformation, and want to have a critical role in integrating new business, HR and Talent Management models, approaches and behaviors into a company designing for the future?
If you thrive in an ambiguous, fast-paced and ever-changing environment with a relentless positive attitude, and your personal operating model is to engage in HR partnerships and with key stakeholders to collaborate on designing and facilitating OD interventions and Talent Management solutions, then we would like to talk to you!
Western Digital Corporation is seeking a Sr. OD Practitioner and facilitator to join our Global Talent Management & Organization Development (TMOD) Center of Expertise (COE). This role reports to the Director, Talent Management and Organization Development, and will be a critical member of our OD Team providing strategic and tactical subject matter expertise and OD leadership in a dynamic, global, fast-paced, results-driven environment.
- Build relationships with HR partners, leaders and key stakeholders across the organization and serve as a trusted internal OD consultant to establish and deploy OD initiatives to support and drive effective measurable results.
- Provide expert facilitation of large group and small teams. Ability to effectively manage and cultivate impactful group discussions, navigate conflict, and have “humble” courage to challenge when appropriate to produce greater ownership and results in teams to ensure alignment and clear outcomes.
- Bring best practices, tools and informed perspectives on how to design client and organization solutions using deep knowledge in existing organizational models (academic and/or privately developed), assessment and data-gathering methodologies.
- Apply analytical thinking with the ability to quickly obtain the most relevant information to get to root cause vs. getting distracted by symptoms, and the right questions to ask to validate your assumptions.
- Create and adapt best practices, frameworks and tools in areas such as individual and team effectiveness, change management, stakeholder and leadership alignment.
- Gather qualitative and quantitative data to understand the landscape, diagnose root cause(s), inform the best-fit solution based on identifying success criteria and measurable outcomes.
- Use consultative processes and approaches when engaging with HRBPs and business leaders to assess talent and organizational needs. Designs or selects best fit solution based on determining and aligning on success criteria.
- Based on data, relationships and organizational knowledge, influence leaders and colleagues to see beyond their comfort zones, make tough decisions when required, and role model speed and agility for the organization.
- Apply best practices and frameworks in OD engagements by co-creating integrated solutions and change plans with clients and HR partners. Sharing solutions in Community of Practice (CoP) to create consistent approaches.
- Design, implement and support enterprise-wide TMOD COE organization development programs, initiatives and service offerings.
- Project-manage cross-functional organizational efforts involving multiple leaders and HR partners.
- Provide expertise and recommendations on TMOD processes, operations, products and services, with input and guidance from benchmarking and best practices.
- Use experience and/or expertise to lead the design of Talent Management and OD processes in the areas of change management, off-site designs and facilitation (team building, strategic planning and process design), employee engagement, succession
- Takes an end-user design approach to create adaptable, easy-to-use tools and resources for our U.S./international HR partners and business leaders to support development and to build capability.
- Provides consulting support and services, understands business needs and creates actionable solutions, tools and resources in various organization management, people development, assessments, HR, organization design and performance areas.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
As the ideal candidate you:
- Have 10-12 years of experience working in specific organizational development roles or teams in a publicly traded company – preferably with experience implementing OD services and solutions within a 10B+ global organization. Demonstrated ability to thrive in a diverse, matrix organization.
- Are a highly collaborative, relationship-oriented practitioner who builds credibility with people at all levels and locations through exercising strong judgment, demonstrating personal integrity, adding value, establishing rapport and trust.
- Have deep capability and experience in translating business needs and strategies into critical talent, workforce plans and initiatives.
- Are skilled and/or certified in personality and 360 assessments and coaching.
- Can discern patterns and connections, and translate complex issues into summaries, roadmaps, and models that are sound and actionable.
- Are an agile and Integrative thinker with strong business acumen.
- Communicate skillfully in writing and in front of a room. You can convey complex information in simple, compelling ways. You feel comfortable navigating group dynamics, resolving conflict skillfully and surfacing difficult topics directly while preserving connections and confidentiality.
- Are adaptable and have multiple OD/facilitation tools in your consulting repertoire to adjust in-the moment to enable a successful outcome and group process result.
- Have proven experience in the design and development of organizational capability tools, templates, and methods to implement initiatives as well as educate HR partners and business leaders on organizational capability concepts and approaches.
- Are process oriented and use strong project management skills to manage multiple programs and initiatives simultaneously with numerous stakeholders in a fast-paced work environment.
- Are skilled at successfully assess and manage client expectations using structured methods, tools and processes such as; contracting and rules of engagement.
- Have high energy and a positive customer-centric attitude, with a commitment to producing high quality products.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills, gifted in creating executive level business presentations and communications.
- Have a successful track record in working with and influencing a wide range of cross-functional work teams and leaders within a matrix organization.
- Have deep expertise and knowledge in organization development/effectiveness technical content domains (e.g., team performance, processes design, employee engagement, succession planning, workforce planning, business culture alignment and change management).
- Have internal or external OD consulting experience in a large, global organization.
- Bachelor's degree required. Graduate degree, MS/MBA (or equivalent) in Organizational Development, I/O Psychology, Business Management, Human Resources Psychology, or related field preferred.
- The Sr. OD Practitioner position is located in Western Digital’s Great Oaks, San Jose Head Quarter’s location.
- This position will require some travel.
(Management reserves the right to change, rescind, add, or delete the duties and responsibilities of positions within the job classification at any time.)