Engineer, Analytical and Characterization Engineer
Location: Laguna Philippines
Req Id: JR-0000037901
We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
Analytical and Characterization Engineer focus on Chemical Analysis in Materials Science Laboratory to support Head Operations chemical analysis requirements
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provides guidance and instructions to Chemical Technicians for their day to day operations
• Generates analysis reports
• Review and approve analysis reports generated by Chemical Technicians
• Develop analytical methods and analysis optimization, analysis procedures and creates work instructions and manuals.
• Supports Failure Analysis that require Chemical analysis and technical guidance
• Licensed Chemist
• 1-2 year experience in Laboratory Analysis
• Experience in Laboratory analysis preferable manufacturing set-up
• With background in Chromatography (GC, IC)
• Background in Spectroscopy (RAMAN, FTIR, EDX
• With good written, oral and communication skills
• Has leadership potential and team player
• With Failure analysis and root cause analysis orientation
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.