We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Joining the Data Center Systems manufacturing team, this member of the Procurement team will be play a key role in RFQ and supplier quoting process within high-quality servers. This position works very closely with Product Engineers, Product Managers, Material Program Manager and business operations to meet overall procurement and manufacturing objectives. It offers an excellent opportunity for a high-energy and results-oriented individual to be directly involved with delivering products to market and making significant contributions to growth.
- Quoting strategy: Work with product management in high end servers, and other business units to recommend quoting strategies and configuration strategies that will ensure pricing consistencies across different server and platform systems product lines.
- Responsible for procurement in systems, platform, and services & support pricing.
- Server/Platform BOM Configuration /Analyst
- Create and define Parts Specs working with Engineering for BOMs and procurement purposes
- Explore and analyze different designs and applications to evaluate requirements for product specifications
- Provide technology expertise to enable successful pre-sale and post-sale activities
- Any other pricing / structure and other analytics responsibilities as need.
- Understands Server needs and requirements with the ability to convey the message internally to engineering and sales teams. Modeling customers' requests to optimize recommendation on products.
- Assist in global sourcing strategies
- Manage supplier relationships, including: supplier selection and qualification process, supplier corrective actions, cost reduction programs
Requirements and Experience
- 5+ years relevant experiences in High End Servers or Platform Systems. Must have fulfillment and commodity experience, preferably in the semiconductor environment.
- Ability to operate in a fast pace, sometimes chaotic environment, and to manage multiple projects simultaneously with limited management oversight
- Technical background preferred :Ability to work with engineers in creating Part Specification and implementing new features
- Detail oriented, hands on / can do attitude to solve issues
- Sound judgment and fast decision making ability
- Ability to work with cross functional teams to drive decisions
- Ability to balance long term strategic objectives and short term deliverables
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At the heart of data center storage, industry-leading HGST-branded enterprise hard drives (HDDs), solid state drives (SSDs), and storage software deliver the possibilities of data and high value from the information they possess. HGST, WD, SanDisk, and G-Technology brands position Western Digital as the world’s largest data storage company.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law.
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.