We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU
define what’s possible.
The Capital Equipment
Director will work closely with the WD’s Equipment R&D and other Eng.
Team’s, High Volume Manufacturing team and Legal team to develop & execute
unique capital equipment sourcing strategies for WD current and new products.
Capital Procurement Director will work with the various equipment and Eng.
teams within R&D and Manufacturing to develop new sourcing strategies. The
Capital Procurement organization is responsible for assessing, sourcing, and
managing WD capital equipment suppliers, supporting WD’s substrate, HDD, Head, Media
manufacturing operations globally.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
- Develop and execute long term Capital Equipment Sourcing
strategies aligned with WD’s vision.
- Develop and drive various commercial agreement with
suppliers for long term win-win outcome
- Provide guidance to management of the strategic supplier
relationship and will lead quarterly supplier reviews to include feedback on
price, quality and delivery
- Develop the Global Semiconductor pricing forecasts and
standard cost setting to include detailed analytics by technology and market.
- Work collaboratively with Equipment R&D engineers and
capital procurement managers to develop and execute WD’s manufacturing
- Assess and select potential new equipment suppliers
- Project manage the introduction of new toolsets including
spec development, manufacturing monitoring, tool delivery, and installation
- Enforce adherence to WD’s Supplier Management System
- Achieve cost, quality, and delivery goals and objectives for
equipment & Tools
- Strive to achieve competitive sourcing among multiple
qualified suppliers through development and execution of commodity strategies
- Develop and negotiate supply contracts
- Design and execute enhanced new product introduction
- Manage supplier performance and capability development
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data
storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD
brands covering flash and disk-based solutions.
Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western
Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from
the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are
committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and
Digital does not
unlawfully discriminate and complies
with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster:
Employment Opportunity Is The Law.
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the
US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.