Location: Petaling Jaya WDM P1
Req ID: JR-0000037508
We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the physical security functions on total plant protection and this include the checking on inspection of, and reporting of all security-related incidents and / or activities.
- Responsible for the daily shift patrols on 24-hour basis throughout the plant and its perimeters.
- To check and inspect all WDM staff, visitors, vendors and contractors when entering and leaving the plant’s premises.
- To record and issue security badges to all person’s entering the company’s premises.
- To conduct periodic, but timely, physical patrols of the plant and its perimeters.
- To receive and channel all coming calls, and / or make outgoing call after office hours.
- To check, inspect and record the movement of all company assets with the use of the Security Release Permits.
- To record and maintain all security station diaries and ensure their tidiness and good order.
- To maintain security of the company hostel and protection of its hostilities (for female guards only)
- Ensure commonality/standardization among same process/system within related manufacturing sites.
- To abide by all company rules and regulations including “Akuan Janji”.
- Understand and accept responsibility for performing their jobs safety
- Follow safety and health rules
- To report all equipment or machine failure and breakdowns to the Senior Guard and / or shift Supervisor.
- To conduct “door and lock” patrols to ensure that all locations a secured after office hours.
- To assist in the plant protection program in event of fire, accident, and / or emergency crisis.
- Ex-military or police service, or at least 2 years’ experience in industrial / commercial security.
- Possess good knowledge about administrative work
- Ability to speak and write in English and Bahasa Malaysia.
- Must be able to type at least 25 wpm and have good knowledge in computer software i.e. spreadsheets, word processing etc.
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.