We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
The Senior Logistics Global Commodity Manager is responsible for developing the global sourcing strategy for the Logistics category. The person in this position would be recognized as the sourcing expert for Logistics-related categories, would liaison with legal, act as Procurement ambassador to the business and integrate into the business to ensure a complete alignment and deep understanding of the business goals and partner in developing sourcing strategies. The goal is to be value-added sourcing partners to the business.
The person in this position will manage a team of sourcing commodity manager professionals. Additional responsibilities include negotiating contracts for all spectrums of logistics activities including airfreight, ocean freight, rail, trucking, small parcel, contract logistics, trade compliance, and warehousing agreements to be used across the entire company globally. The Senior Logistics Global Commodity Manager position involves developing negotiation strategies, advising requestors on contract terms and conditions, monitoring cost and scope of assigned contracts to assure compliance, best value and validate/improve pricing. The position also includes working with the Logistics Operations stakeholders to formulate logistics strategies and roadmaps. The Senior Logistics Global Commodity Manager will recommend cost saving proposals including alternative sourcing and will exercise independent judgment within defined practices and procedures to determine appropriate action.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Strategic Sourcing Develop global sourcing strategies
- Work with various business stakeholders groups to identify and qualify new or existing capable suppliers, initiate requests for proposals/quotations (RFPs/RFQs), advise requestors with respect to contract terms and conditions
- Conduct RFP and lead cross functional teams through the selection process of preferred suppliers with effective scoring criteria to critically evaluate supplier proposals in accordance within company policies
- Lead negotiations on commercial procurement agreements, including, but not limited to, Master Agreements, Statements of Work, Change Orders balancing business deliverables, legal interests and pricing
- Conduct analysis on proposals for supply of software licensing, computer hardware, servers, data center and telecom services in support of various business functions
- Analyze total costs, assist business functions with ROI analysis, price and rate benchmarking and negotiate favorable business terms to leverage Western Digital purchasing power
- Provide global contract expertise for sourcing of Information Technology products and services for various business units
- Evaluate single sourcing requests and ensure competitiveness
- Research market intelligence to understand cost drivers and market trends
- Category Management Develop, refine and implement category strategies and tactics that enable the procurement of technology products and services at the highest value benefit to the company
- Add value by being the subject matter expert on IT categories/commodities and consulting internal clients on industry trends, benchmarking, and best practices
- Lead cross-functional meetings with various business functions and develop a communication strategy to keep internal clients informed about procurement processes, supplier strategy, and procurement policies
- Supplier Management Manage supplier relationships with focus on supply risk management, contract risk management and cost management
- Mediate supplier issues and resolve customer / supplier contract disputes if necessary
- Lead and participate in quarterly business reviews with vendors to review performance and support mutually agreed upon improvement programs as required
- Support ad-hoc reporting needs including supplier scorecards and other reporting
- Develop supplier rationalization entitlements for each category
- Contract Management Evaluate processes and recommend improvements to standardize lifecycle contract and sourcing processes and systems
- Ensure pricing & deliverables as negotiated are included in the contract; coordinate comparison of proposals and final contract terms
- Act as liaison between Legal and the business
- Ensure contract execution & retention, preferably through electronic signature process
- Provide timely updates, support management reporting of quarterly reports and address any issues quickly
- Bachelor’s degree required with 10+ years of experience in category management and/or strategic sourcing of logistics purchases
- MBA degree preferred
- Law degree a plus
- Subject matter expertise in sourcing & contracting tools (SAP and/or Oracle)Certified Purchasing Manager – desirable
- Contract Negotiation / Vendor Mgmt. / Influencing
- Demonstrated advanced skills in negotiating and formulating logistics contracts, warehousing agreements, 3PL and services agreements, understanding cost models and various price structures, management of contractual, trade compliance, tax regulations, and labor law risks
- Demonstrated skills in project management required
- Ability to work well in a high-pace dynamic environment, handle multiple projects simultaneously, and ensure task completion and deadlines are met as required
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications: Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Communicate well in English both in verbal and written form
- Strong project management, organizational, and analytical skills required
- Excellent team facilitation and presentation skills required
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law.
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.