We are looking for an experienced iOS Engineer to drive our team and our apps to the next level. Do you get a high from smoothly rolling out feature after feature? Love going from discussing architecture to debugging that critical bug to planning the next release? Prefer to lead from inside the code? Then this is the role for you.
You must be capable of building a complete application in Objective-C and/or Swift, with in-depth knowledge of iOS and UIKit. You should be comfortable in a collaborative environment with other stakeholders including other engineering teams, Product and Design. Most importantly, you should be excited by the potential that Upthere has to enable users to discover, use, and share their data, on any device, at any time.
- Plan and coordinate feature delivery and regular releases of our iOS application
- Author code and technical designs, participating in all parts of the development cycle, including code reviews, architectural discussions and translating Product and Design vision into concrete deliverables.
- Mentor the team on best engineering practices, keeping everyone learning and growing.
- Utilize Apple’s performance tools and practical optimization techniques to make our apps fast and efficient
- Stay abreast of Apple product and platform news and new developments
- Care deeply about the end product and user experience you ship
- BA/BS/MS in related field with 8 years experience required
- 5+ years building applications for the iPhone or iPad using Objective-C or Swift with Cocoa and other frameworks
- Experience leading an application team
- Proficiency with everything that goes into making and shipping an iOS application – Xcode, Instruments, UIKit, Objective-C and/or Swift
- Love for Apple platforms, passion around delivering high quality “pixel perfect” user experiences, pride in everything you