Develops and improves mechanical/electrical assembly processes (mainly for servers and data center) by studying product and various manufacturing methods. Documentation of processes and transfer into production facilities.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Evaluates assembly manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from technicians.
- Develops manufacturing processes for mechanical/electrical assembly by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment.
- Perform pilot scale production of new products and components.
- Work with Mechanical Engineer to develop fixtures, process design, prototype fabrication, measuring, process verification, testing and documentation.
- Follow timelines for individual projects as determined by Program Management.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Assures product and process quality by designing assembly methods; and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information, costs and trends.
- Provides manufacturing engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair and calibration services; following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; requesting special service.
- Maintains product and process data base by writing process flow charts; entering data.
- Completes design and development projects by training and guiding operators and technicians.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Working knowledge of quality systems, quality control, process control, statistical analysis, non-destructive testing.
- Demonstrated ability to perform high level mathematical problem solving, geometry, physics, electrical and mechanical properties, etc.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to supervise processes
- Ability to present technical information
- Knowledge of Hardware and Processing Specifications
- Experience using Agile and CamStar (or other shop floor system).
- Knowledge in CAD tools with usage (SolidWorks or AutoCAD) not required but preferable.
- Able to follow detailed work instructions
- Perform Process Planning
- Work with Bills of materials and Check Sheets.
- Self-motivated and ability to work well with others
- Good working knowledge of personal computers and standard office software with ability to develop and maintain spreadsheets
- Ability to multi-task in fast-paced environment
This position has minor supervisory responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to live electrical circuits, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of conditions at the manufacturing site which require the use of safety glasses. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud though not to the level that requires hearing protection.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching all day. The employee must frequently lift and move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
None to minimal travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering.
- 8+ years of experience in direct or related field.
Preferred Education and Experience
1. Experience and ability to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
2. A thorough knowledge of electrical/electronic components and equipment, including the use of special instruments for diagnostic purposes.
3. Software editing, changing variables and modifying label design is desired.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.