We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
In the position, the individual will be responsible for the design and integration of the front end subsystem of Western Digital's next generation enterprise SSD SOC controller. The candidate should possess a deep understanding of the entire design process from architecture thru timing closure. Needs to have experience and understanding in developing high performance, high throughput designs. Must possess PCIe domain expertise and ideally NVMe knowledge as well.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Work with architecture team to define block/subsystem requirements
Develop uarch/design specification
Design development using HDL
Architect and analysis of design to ensure performance requirements are met
Work with verification team to ensure the functional correctness
Closure of design to meet functional coding guidelines, functional correctness, LINT and CDC cleanliness, expected gate counts/area, timing closure.
- BS/MS in EE/CE, plus 8+ years of Design experience
- RTL/HDL coding in Verilog and proper construction to achieve clean designs that achieve frequency, area and power targets
- Understanding of the entire design process including functional verification, debugging, LINT, CDC, timing closure.
- PCIe 3.0/4.0 (Gen3/Gen4) domain experience and expertise. SRIOV/Virtualization is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Team player that can work with peers to achieve desired results
- Highly motivated individual that takes ownership and is results oriented
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law.
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.