We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
Effective use and reuse of our data requires an enterprise view of essential concepts, entities and attributes for cross-application and cross-departmental functionality. This is accomplished through data governance and proper management of metadata.
The Metadata Management Lead will play a lead role in delivering a unified metadata management capability built on the Collibra platform. This is the hub to allow the Data Governance community to manage business and technical metadata, data lineage, data profiling, data quality assessment and reporting as well as issue tracking. The candidate must have a strong knowledge with workflow development, experience in configuring, customizing and integrating data across multiple platforms. Must be comfortable with SDLC and embracing an agile delivery culture.
With a critical focus of building Data Management Capability across all data assets, the Enterprise Data Governance team has the mission to establish data as a strategic asset with the right standards of care applied through the enablement of foundational capabilities, achieving higher data maturity and delivering greater business value.
Essential Functions and Accountabilities:
- Strong understanding of data governance, data stewardship, metadata management, data quality, data modeling, and data architecture concepts
- Provides thought leadership, frameworks, and best practices in Collibra, that are required to deliver effective data governance solutions to clients using the Collibra solution. Maintains solid understanding of product’s roadmap.
- Expertise with the Collibra operating model, including workflows, roles and responsibilities.
- Capable of building a metamodel
- Experience setting up a business Glossary with Collibra
- Experience designing custom asset models with Collibra
- Experience in leveraging Collibra API, Collibra connect to meet the integration needs with the Collibra DGC platform
- Configure dashboards and reports based on business requirements
- Develop new workflows and enhance existing workflows for the data governance community
- Assist with data lineage road map and automation of the extraction and merge/stitching processes
- Understanding of technical metadata and how it correlates with business metadata (Critical Data Elements)
- Coordinate with the groups of business users who test, validate and evaluate new functionality
- Conduct training sessions to import/export/enrich data assets into Collibra
- Partner with Data Stewards for requirements, integrations and processes, participate in meetings and working sessions, to ensure the ingestion, enrichment, and consumption of metadata
- Partner with Data Management and integration leads to continuously improve Data Management technologies and processes
- Establish data standards and build foundational components such as Data policy, Enterprise glossary, data ownership.
- Support implementation of upgrades and future developments of Data Governance tool suites
- Effective communication and stakeholder management skills with the ability to drive solutions among ambiguity and conflicting stakeholder needs
Education, Certifications, and/or Licenses and Experience
Any combination equivalent to, but not limited to, the following:
- Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree Business Administration
- Years of Experience (General Guidelines):
10 years combined experience overall
Preferred,5 years in a data management role (Ex: data policies, data definition, metadata, data quality, data standardization)
- Certified Collibra Ranger preferred
- Certified Collibra Expert Level III
- Strong understanding of the principles of Metadata Management and Data Governance
- Strong knowledge in Collibra DGC Operating Model, Administration, and MuleSoft using Collibra Connect
- Experience as a Collibra developer working with Collibra Connect, API and Activity Workflow Designer tool
- Experience working with Java J2SE, J2EE, JSON and REST programming
- Development experience with scripting language, such as Groovy script
- Hands-on experience and expertise in complex BPMN diagrams using Eclipse Activiti plugin
- Understanding and experience with data formats such as XML, CSV, and JSON
- Policy development/management and standards enforcement experience desirable
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law.
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.