- Utilize extensive experimental trainings in electronic thin film material/wafer process, characterization, and data analysis to architect, design, and develop integrated wafer processes/process flow for Perpendicular magnetic recording (PMR);
- Utilize knowledge of nanoscale devices and magnetic media to qualify building blocks for PMR device;
- Apply theoretical background in physics, including knowledge of optics, electromagnetism, quantum mechanics, and solid-state physics, to define optical and magnetic requirements;
- Translate these needs into physical requirements for the wafer processes;
- Work with module process development and manufacture engineering teams to develop processes to satisfy design requirements;
- Manage and control WIP for process and product development; set up process route for product and process development;
- Correlate the performance to wafer processes;
- Identify processes and parameters improvement needs; drive the improvement plans to satisfy customer needs.
- Creative, self-motivated, and team player
- 1+ years of experience in wafer processing for magnetic recording or related industry. Preferably direct experience in wafer process integration
- Hands on experience with multiple wafer processes, such as photolithography, ion mill, thin film deposition, plating/etching, CVD, RIE, CMP, QST testing.
- Track record in professional publications or patents on wafer process integration
- Excellent statistical analysis skill, proficient in SPC and JMP
- Excellent communication skill
- Flexible in working schedule
- MS or PhD in Physics, EE, ChemE, ME, Materials Science or related disciplines