We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
- To work as part of a global engineering team responsible for the reliability of WDC (HDD/SSD) products integrated into our customers' product environments.
- To particular works to assure optimal reliability of our drives for each of the many customer environments.
- In that capacity deep knowledge of coding techniques and machine learning and visualization protocols are needed to expand our analytic compatibility.
- The scope of this position includes data mining, the UI and backend data manipulation to create tools for product characterization.
- These tools will deploy in both our internal engineering data systems as well as customer environments.
- The associated analysis and ongoing feature improvements are required to make the most reliable product possible.
- This effort will require the creation of the machine learning models for the drive data to enable use by product designers and customer engineers.
- They will use the data to understand the HDD performance and reliability.
- This position requires working with an international team of engineers that are responsible for measuring and documenting performance results and problem resolution.
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer science, Engineering or Mathematics/Statistics
- At least 2-5 years’ experience in Data Analytics
- More preferable knowledge of coding techniques and machine learning and visualization protocols are needed to expand the analytic compatibility
- Strong background in Java and Python
- Experience with SPSS
- Knowledge of Linux OS is a must.
- Technical experience in big data computing platforms such as Hadoop and Hive.
- Knowledge of SQL databases is required.
- Knowledge of cloud technologies is highly preferred
- Experience with web application development
- Experience in Spotfire, R-Studio is preferred.
- Background in Math, statistics and Machine Learning methodologies is preferred.
- Candidate must have good communion skills, both verbally and by written.
Deployed by the most prominent organizations worldwide, industry-leading WD-branded hard drives (HDDs), solid state drives (SSDs) and personal storage solutions deliver the possibilities of data and high value from the information they possess. WD, SanDisk, HGST and G-Technology branded solutions position Western Digital Corporation as the world’s largest data storage company.