Western Digital is seeking a responsible individual to fill the position of REO Director of Maintenance & Operations, Great Oaks Campus. The REO department supports Western Digital’s global business units with facility design and construction; workplace design and development; facilities engineering; maintenance & operations management; site services; and environmental, health, safety and security in all locations worldwide.
The Facilities Maintenance & Operations Director will be responsible for the M&O program for the Corporate Headquarters Campus. The M&O team is responsible for inspecting, maintaining and repairing mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and HVAC systems to ensure optimal operating results. The successful candidate will oversee the company’s facility operations, manage staff, manage budget and forecasting, manage janitorial & landscaping, and assure compliance with local, state and federal regulations. The goal of the REO M&O Director is to ensure the company facilities are well-cared for and adequate to support the company's business operations.
Western Digital's Great Oaks Campus is located on 160 acres located in South San Jose, supporting Western Digital's Headquarters, Research, Development, and Manufacturing. The campus consists of 15 building, 2.2 million square feet of Offices, Labs, Cleanrooms, manufacturing and warehouse space. Campus is a 7/24/365 operation.
The right candidate for this role will have prior experience in managing maintenance & operations programs. The candidate must have a “can-do” attitude, work well with people and organizations across all levels, and serve as a REO representative when interacting with members of other departments in collaborative projects.
The Maintenance Operation Director is responsible for the following programs:
- Facility Maintenance and Repairs of all structures on the campus
- Developing and assisting in the delivery of cost effective site maintenance plans
- Preventive maintenance programs
- Janitorial program
- Landscaping program
- Trash & recycling program
- Roadways and Parking lots repairs
- Electrical distribution System 115KV to 110V
- 8 Domestic water wells 190 M gal/yr
- Deionized Water production 120M gal/yr
- Industrial Waste Water Treatment 130M gal/yr
- Campus Sewer Systems
- Chemical Distribution Center - Container and Bulk Tank Farm distribution
- Utility services
- HVAC systems
- Chilled Water
Desired Skills of M&O Director
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Science or related discipline
- 5+ years’ experience in facilities management position
- Able to read and understand complex electrical, mechanical and automation system
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- BMS systems
- Impeccable verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong understanding of Preventative Maintenance and warehouse control systems
Candidate should have a good working knowledge of:
- Fire/Life Safety systems, fire panels, detectors, sprinkler
- Building Fire Life Safety codes
- Electrical Systems - High Voltage (69KV to 230KV), Medium Voltage (600V-69KV), and Low Voltage <600V
- Waste Water Treatment and general understanding of EPA and RCRA regulations
- RO/DI water
- Mechanical and HVAC systems
- VOC scrubbers
Duties of M&O Director
- Coordinate utility system repairs and monitor system performance
- Maintain adequate parts inventory and order items as necessary
- Landscaping and Janitorial services (42 h/c)
- Oversee and supervise team of maintenance technicians (100+ h/c)
- Execute equipment audits and record-taking policies
- Coordinate with Capital Projects on the implementation of new building projects
- Ensure compliance with all safety and security protocols
- Develop maintenance procedures and ensure implementation
- Carry out inspections of the facilities to identify and resolve issues
- Check electrical and hydraulic systems of buildings to ensure functionality
- Plan and oversee all repair and installation activities
- Allocate workload and supervise upkeep staff (technicians, janitors etc.)
- Monitor equipment inventory and place orders when necessary
- Monitor expenses and control the budget for maintenance
- Manage relationships with contractors and service providers
- Keep maintenance logs and report on daily activities
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety policies
- Oversee Fire and Life Safety systems
- Researches new products, laws, regulations, etc., for the purpose of recommending purchases, contracts and maintaining services.
- Knowledge of applicable codes related to the development, maintenance and construction of facilities; methods, practices, equipment, and supplies used in the building trades; State and local building, safety and health codes; occupational hazards and safe work practices of the building maintenance trades; concepts of grammar and punctuation; health standards and hazards and office methods and practices.
- Coordinates schedules and special event operations for the purpose of ensuring required facilities preparation.
- Develops long and short range maintenance plans/programs (e.g. emergency response plans, energy management plans, annual budget, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring that resources are effectively utilized.
- Drive Energy Conservation programs