We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
The Consolidation Manager will be responsible for the worldwide consolidation and financial reporting of the company. This includes managing the corporate consolidation financial process, intercompany process, preparing timely consolidated financial statements, providing the analysis for consolidated financial statements, and working with the team to develop and maintain effective internal controls.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan and coordinate global monthly, quarterly and annual close process
- Manage world-wide financial close calendar
- Manage the consolidation process including the recording of consolidating entries, reconciliation of intercompany and investment in subsidiary and other related transactions
- Co-ordinate with US and International teams for the preparation of the corporate monthly review package
- Anticipate executive management reporting needs, and deliver timely, accurate and insightful management reporting/analysis
- Responsible for validating system interfaces and troubleshooting consolidation general ledger issues
- Manage system change requests process through clear communication and work with IT resources to facilitate resolutions on close and reporting related issues
- Participate in the integration and re-engineering processes
- Identify and implement process improvements as part of continuous improvement initiatives
- Assist with quarterly reviews and annual audits conducted by external auditors
- Undertake and manage special projects and other reporting needs as required
- Lead and play an active role in implementation and harmonization of corporate accounting processes for general ledger areas.
- Assist in preparation of quarterly SEC financial reporting, including cash flow statements, footnotes and disclosures;
- Strong understanding and application of US GAAP on all major accounting areas and ensure compliance of processes to GAAP.
- Maintaining the integrity of the global chart of accounts and related cross mapping to legacies ERP.
- Continuously identify and develop solutions to drive process efficiency.
- Demonstrate and maintain a positive customer service focus to both internal and external customers.
- Ensure SOX compliance by adhering to internal control requirements, maintaining updated documentation and providing recommendations as appropriate.
- Preferred Qualifications
A qualified candidate will also have strong communication and critical-thinking skills, and the ability to work cross-functionally with various levels of personnel across the organization.
This person must be able to work comfortably in a fast paced, unpredictable environment where changing priorities may occur frequently based on operational needs.
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance or related degree
- Strong understanding and application of GAAP and SEC/financial reporting requirements including financial statements and financial statement footnotes
- A minimum of 7+ years of relevant experience including experience working in industry and familiarity with areas of consolidation, intercompany transactions, account reconciliations, multi-currency consolidations, and financial reporting
- Solid understanding of general ledger systems and foreign currency translation
- Public accounting / audit experience with a CPA certificate preferred
- Attention to detail and accuracy is a must
- Ability to understand issues, demonstrate resourcefulness and pro-actively resolve problems and manage multiple projects in a timely manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities and effectively meet deadlines.
- Excellent planning and problem solving skills with the ability to work in a fast paced and limited resource environment.
- Strong communication skills including providing guidance to international teams, drafting accounting memos and explaining areas of responsibility to internal and external audit teams.
- Experience with SAP/ Oracle preferred
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and Power-point required
- Self-motivated and self-directed, must have demonstrated ability to work well with people.
- Experience with legal entity tax reorganizations.
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.