Western Digital creates environments for data to thrive. The company is driving the innovation needed to help customers capture, preserve, access and transform an ever-increasing diversity of data. Everywhere data lives, from advanced data centers to mobile sensors to personal devices, our industry-leading solutions deliver the possibilities of data. Western Digital® data-centric solutions are marketed under the G-Technology™, HGST, SanDisk®, Tegile™, Upthere™ and WD® brands.
This role targets selling to and managing channel Resellers, Integrators and VAR's selling into the Government sector. The role reports into the Channel Field Sales Organization and will be based in the D.C. area.
- Create a list of target partners via online research, channel partnerships and WDsales history.
- Identify and lead opportunities to account development.
- Develops and maintains working relationships with similar and /or complementary companies to include teaming and partnership discussions.
- Work with channel partners to create strategic relationships that help with new account creation.
- Participates and attends sales functions/professional association meetings outside of regular business hours, as required.
- Get to the key decision maker(s) to meet and present product roadmap and strategy.
- Develop a pipeline of opportunities and achieve annual new business revenue and GP targets.
- Map the account’s key decision makers, technology needs, supply chain requirements.
- Manage the customer supply chain including: allocation, pricing, rebates, inventory, forecast, logistics, RMA, multi and single sourcing.
- Manage the product lifecycle: product roadmap, product launch, EOL, qualification, AVL, failure analysis and technical support.
- Manage the relationship with the account: executive engagement, strategic planning, QBRs, entertainment.
- Is available, responsive and timely to customer inquiries, request for information and/or quotations, problem resolution, etc. Provides frequent and regular follow-up contact with clients regarding after sale services and information, including client satisfaction.
- Acts as customer advocate for WD internal departments.
- Drive customer revenue and GP to the goals of the company.
- BS in technical discipline
- previous 7-10 years working experience
- knowledge of the computer industry
- knowledge of supply chain and distribution a plus
- knowledge of data center and storage infrastructure a plus
- Very responsive, passionate and hard working.
- Strong relationship-building, presentation, problem solving and management skills.
- Detail oriented. Good organizational and problem solving skills.
- Excellent phone skills
- Ability to use Microsoft excel. Pivot tables, reporting etc.a