Location: Bayan Lepas, Penang
We’re looking for a dynamic Security Officer with a passion to innovate and help shape the future of data
Western Digital is leading the charge in transforming how the world uses data. From advanced data centers to the personal devices we use every day, our products and solutions are at the forefront of creating environments for data to thrive.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Write reports of daily activities and irregularities, such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences.
- Response and correspond to all emergency calls/ crisis management incident/report. If necessary calls police or fire departments such as fire or presence of unauthorized persons.
- Circulate among visitors, contractors and employees to preserve order and protect property.
- Caution persons for rule infractions or violations, and apprehend or evict violators from premises.
- Supervise, monitor and improve the performance of security guards at the premises.
- Plan and undertake security audits, systematic checks and carry out inspections to ensure all security systems, services and technologies are well maintained and fully operational. Example Car Park management System, door access system, CCTV System and alarm system.
- Compile and maintain database on security equipment maintenance, servicing and repair costs.
- Conduct periodic review of the card access, CCTV, Car park management policies and ensure proper documentation of all the security system is recorded.
- Ensure and manage of security system in good operation conditions (Door Assess System, CCTV System, Assess control such as motorise metal gate, gate barrier, patrol clocking devices.
- Maintain good relationship with local authorities.
- Prepare and manage correspondence, reports and documents, handle incoming mail, take and distribute minutes of meetings, maintain schedules and calendars, implement and maintain office and filing systems, collate information from various sources, maintain databases, serve as a central point for disseminating inter-departmental communication, and coordinate the flow of information externally and internally.
- Diploma in Police & Security Studies, Diploma in Security & Fire Safety Studies, Diploma In Security Management.
- Preferably with at least 2 to 3 years of relevant working experience in managing security systems, projects and security guards.
- Proficiency in written and spoken language – English and Malay.
- Candidate must work independently
- Have good communication and a team player
- Have the knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective security operations for the protection of people, data and property.
- Have the knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records.
- IT Knowledge in Word, Excel and Power points.
- Some basic knowledge on Investigation and local Law.
- Good relationships and networking with local authorities.
- Familiar with security systems. CCTV ( Analogy and NVR, card access system, Intrusion alarm system and etc.
- Familiar with International security requirements TAPA, CTPAT and STP.
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital is the largest provider of data-centric solutions, leading the transformation of how the world captures, preserves, accesses and transforms data. We are looking for great talent to join our team and help make the promise of data a reality. Western Digital creates environments for data to thrive. Everywhere data is captured, preserved, accessed and transformed, we’re leading the charge to unlock its potential. From advanced data centers to mobile sensors to personal devices, our industry-leading solutions create environments where the flow of information leads to smarter decisions, breakthrough discoveries and deeper connections.
Western Digital, the Western Digital logo, G-Technology, HGST, SanDisk, Tegile, Upthere and WD are registered trademarks or trademarks of Western Digital Corporation or its affiliates in the US and/or other countries.