Engineer 1, Test Engineering
Req Id: JR-0000027945
We’re looking for a dynamic Engineer with a passion to innovate and help shape the future of data.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Installation, qualification and maintenance of Test equipment.
· Ability to effectively communicate progress (verbally and written).
· Provide necessary guidance, training and coaching to engineering, maintenance, and production staff.
· Apply engineering knowledge to design and develop calibration methods and fixtures not commercially available
· Adapt existing calibration equipment, standards, and techniques to accomplish unique measurements tasks
· Establish and improve correlation.
· Recommend changes to all Test or evaluation procedures that improve the precision and accuracy of the tests while reducing cost of ownership
· Work effectively between Manufacturing, Quality Assurance, and Research & Development to properly implement and sustain the Test equipment member on new product projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical / Electronics / Mechatronics.
- Minimum 2 years of working experience in manufacturing environment.
- Strong communication.
- Good time management, leadership skills, presentation skills, assertive.
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they posses