Performs failure analysis for drives that failed during product development, manufacturing process, reliability tests, or customer returned drives including qualification failures, line failures and field failures. Failure analysis includes determining root-cause of hard drive failure at H.D.A (Head and Disk Assembly). In addition to performing analysis to root cause of failure to ensure corrective actions are implemented on particular failures to prevent them from occurring on future products and/or to make sure we can prevent the same type of failure from continuing to ship from our factory process via screens/additional tests.
- Performing failure analysis to root cause on failed hard drives.
- Writing detailed failure analysis reports which are used by design engineers to improve the design, or to Customer Engineering tocommunicate failure mode to the customer.
- Expertly uses standard and specialized engineering tools and equipment used by the discipline and/or department.
- Must be hands on with digital scope and familiar with bus analyzer and emulator.
EDUCATION AND/OR WORK EXPERIENCE:
- BS in related field or equivalent work experience, plus additional 3 years related experience
- MS in related field or equivalent work experience, plus additional 1 or more years related experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in written, mathematical or diagram form.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Apply principles of logical or scientific thinking.
- Speak, read, and write effective English.
- Read, analyze, and interpret documents such as technical reports, instructions, andprocedures and scientific journals.
- Write technical reports and documentation with clear, concise information using good grammar, spelling, punctuation and structure.
- Apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, andfactor analysis.
- Deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, etc.) in its most difficult phase.Deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables
- Identifies and escalates ethical issues.
- Provides input and guidance to colleagues regarding ethical issues.
- Maintains confidentiality as required on product plans, customer plans, intellectual property, etc.
- Accepts direction, listen to and consider other’s ideas/concerns.
- Applies fundamental technology principles tospecific tasks.
- Recommends solutions for defined processes.
- Follows department/work group processes and recommend improvements to them.
- Follows technical documentation requirements.
- Has basic knowledge of business environment/operations budget and costs.
- Knows individual and work group/project goals and works towards them.
- Basically aware of the practical implications of one’s work on operations orvice versa.
- Sees issues from customer’s perspective and develops rapport with customers.
- Uses standard and specialized engineeringtools and equipment used by the discipline and/or department.
- Effectively presents information, ideas,perspective to peers, team members and managersand respond to questions.
- Speak effectively one-on-one and in small group situations.
- Proficiently apply principles of advancecalculus, modern algebra, advanced statistical theory, advanced mathematical concepts such as limits, rings, quadratic and differential equations, permutations, proofs of theorems, exponents, and logarithms.
- Work, collaborate and communicate effectively in team environment, contributing to team’s results.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with internal and external contacts.
- Gives presentations to colleagues and managers.