Tegile is part of Western Digital DCS (Data Center Systems) group responsible for the Tegile range of storage appliances. Our engineering teams are in Newark CA, Cambridge UK and Bangalore, India. The platform group is a sub team within Tegile engineering responsible for evaluating new platform hardware for next generation appliance, developing drivers or libraries and maintaining the base operating system.
We are looking for someone who will enhance the team enabling it to maintain focus as the center piece of a world class storage product.
- Design and develop software for Tegile Intelliflash unified, hybrid storage appliance that support both (FC, iSCSI) and file protocols (NFS, SMB)
- Design, implement, optimize and enhance Tegile’s platform which is based on opensolaris.
- Participate in group collaborations in developing future features and functions
- Participate in Platform team architecture, design, and development
- Operating systems enhancements
- New generation platform development including device drivers, kernel, protocols, high availability
- Utilise tools for debugging and performance enhancements
- Collaborate with QA organization to ensure quality of software developed
- Provide and ensure excellent documentation on software design
- BS/MS Computer Science/EE
- 10 years minimum experience
- Experience with computer server platform architecture, design and development, including Operating Systems, kernel, device drivers
- Experience in driving architecture and design of new platforms, new device features, and performance.
- Experience with Solaris/Unix/BSD/Linux systems development
- Experience with using OS and kernel tools and facilities. Enhancing those facilities for performance gains.
- Strong knowledge of Unix/Linux memory management, threading, state machines, etc.
- Deep knowledge of Solaris or opensource fork.
- Strong C development skills, Assembler, D-Trace, C++, Python, Perl, Bash knowledge a plus. Must be proficient with modern source code control systems.
- Organized developer with good communication skills and a can-do attitude able to work to deadlines.