Location: Petaling Jaya WDM P8
Req ID: JR-0000027332
We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Translate application storyboards and use cases into functional applications
• Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code
• Integrate data storage solutions, may include databases, key-value stores, blob stores, etc.
• Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
• Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to mitigate and address these issues
• Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
• Master degree, Bachelor Degree or Diploma in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering or equivalent.
• At least 6 years of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
• Hands on experience in preparing Design, Technical Specifications, Test Plan, Change Management, User Guide documents
• Experience with popular web application frameworks
• Experience with Agile and Waterfall Methodologies
• Knowledge of concurrency patterns.
• Strong understanding of object-oriented programming
• Familiarity with the Angular, JQuery and building responsive Web Applications
• Strong knowledge of .NET Web framework and MVC Pattern
• Familiar with various design and architectural patterns
• Familiarity with Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle Databases, writing Stored Procedures, Triggers, Integration and Reporting Services.
• Proficient in C# and/or VB.NET, with a good knowledge of their ecosystems.
• Skill for writing reusable libraries
• Excellent analytical skills for understanding and gathering the requirements, business rules/processes and detailed design of the application, generating use case models, analyzing ER Diagrams and Data Flow Diagrams.
• Familiarity with Windows Presentation Framework
• Knack for writing clean, readable, and easily maintainable code
• Understanding of fundamental design principles for building a scalable application
• Experience creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
• Basic understanding of Common Language Runtime (CLR), its limitations, weaknesses, and workarounds
• Experience implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git, SVN and Team Foundation Services
• Must be willing to learn new Tools and Technologies.
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.