Job Description: Marketing Business Analyst
Reporting to the Sr. Marketing Manager, the Marketing Analyst will assist in analyzing sales data for specific customers, identifying sales trends, competitive issues and sales target attainment. The analyst will work with the Sr. Pricing Manager to recommend and implement pricing actions to drive to the sales and profitability targets. The analyst will then work to implement the pricing and promotions through the WDC and customer systems. The analyst will work to assure integrity between both systems and communicate the pricing and promotions to the customer.
In addition, the pricing analyst will occasionally help the Director in the analysis, structuring, approval and management of customer incentive programs. Using market data and working cross functionally, the Pricing analyst will work to create the ROI analysis for customer incentive programs.
• Analyze ROI, evaluate, recommend changes, and improve program strategies to improve overall sales and margin performance to assist the business in meeting financial goals.
• Utilize analytic expertise and market feedback to identify specific opportunities.
• Provide and manage analytics to evaluate profitability of programs
• Establish benchmarking practices and provide recommendations to optimize deal structures, factoring in corporate objectives, competitive landscape and customer needs.
• Anticipate and understand short and long-term competitive market trends.
• Work with legal to approve programs.
• Bachelor’s degree (finance, math, industrial engineering a plus)
• 1 + years’ experience in pricing/finance or relevant studies in finance fields
• Strong analytical and financial modeling skills
• Detail oriented, accurate in execution
• Ability to multi-task and manage a large amount of details while working under pressure to execute quickly
• Dependable, independent, self-motivated
• Understanding of e-tail customers – a plus