SanDisk®, a Western Digital brand, has been expanding the possibilities of data storage for more than 25 years—giving businesses and consumers the peace of mind that comes from knowing their data is readily available and reliable, even in the most challenging environments. Our products are used in the world's leading-edge data centers, embedded in game-changing smartphones, tablets, and laptops, and entrusted by consumers around the world. As a vertically-integrated storage solution company, we are able to quickly deliver innovative, high-quality solutions with less time from research to realization. From mobile devices to hyperscale data centers, SanDisk storage solutions make the incredible possible.
In this role, you will work directly with data architects, business analysts, project managers and other developers to build some modules to support Demantra, ASCP or home grown systems. Your in-depth experience with problem solving capabilities, solution design and PL SQL development will be crucial to developing complex business solutions. Your efforts will support Global Supply Chain development as well as production support projects. Great growth opportunity to help build an enterprise level SCM solutions. As a member of a tight knit and high-performing team, you will be integral to our company, SCM department, and team successes.
- Gain expert understanding of Oracle Demantra/ASCP implemented at WD
- Collaborate with SME’s, stakeholders to understand business process and requirements.
- Formulate high-performing technical design/solution to solve for complex business problems.
- Be a hands-on developer - convert technical design/solutions into code using PL/SQL.
- Develop, enhance, customize, support, and maintain code as per design and coding standards.
- Create data to support, and maintain unit test cases, scenarios, and data.
- Present innovative ideas for improvements based on business understanding.
- 7+ years of experience in Oracle PL/SQL development
- Relational database experience a must: Oracle v11 minimum; Oracle v12 preferred.
- Strong coding experience in Oracle PL/SQL.
- Ability to come up with technical design based on business requirements
- Working experience in data mapping, ETL tools and data loader activity
- Ability to perform SQL tuning of queries, optimize reports and data retrieval response times
- Strong in debugging and looking at existing code for modifications
- Design, develop, and maintain tools and scripts to help unit testing, development and QA
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business, or other related Engineering fields
- Strong analytical skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to think creatively and work independently on complex tasks
- Must have strong work ethics, career goals, and accomplishments
- Knowledge with Oracle Demantra or ASCP
- Recent development experience.
- Database Schema Design and Data Modeling skills
- Knowledge and experience in high tech industry
- Recent development experience with a SCM software
Western Digital offers a highly competitive compensation package and great benefits. Western Digital provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status.