SanDisk®, a Western Digital brand, has been expanding the possibilities of data storage for more than 25 years—giving businesses and consumers the peace of mind that comes from knowing their data is readily available and reliable, even in the most challenging environments. Our products are used in the world's leading-edge data centers, embedded in game-changing smartphones, tablets, and laptops, and entrusted by consumers around the world. As a vertically-integrated storage solution company, we are able to quickly deliver innovative, high-quality solutions with less time from research to realization. From mobile devices to hyperscale data centers, SanDisk storage solutions make the incredible possible.
Seeking engineers that can validate the design and implementation of flash management feature in firmware. Provide discovery of flash wear related issues that potentially impact data integrity during product lifetime.
The ideal candidate will have the following knowledge, skills & experience:
- Have in-depth understanding of endurance feature design
- Work with memory system architecture and firmware engineers, design test cases to discover the design flaws and firmware bugs related to flash management feature
- Develop, conduct and document test plans
- Develop test procedure specifications to demonstrated SSD Data Integrity and NAND storage subsystem reliability in compliance with industry standard
- Review procedures within flash memory teams, and with reliability and quality organization
- Implement and execute SSD endurance test procedure. Ensure 24x7 up-time with proper test utilities automation and test system reliability demonstration
- During test execution, consistently review test results, generate and release of test reports
- Storage device test software development with focus in the area of data integrity, reliability, host interface, drive performances
- Working experience on test methodologies development and implementation in the SSD/HDD industry
- Knowledge of storage protocols like SATA, SAS, PCIe
- Experience with software test quality and reliability demonstration/certification
- Working knowledge of programming and scripting languages: C/C++, Java and Python
- Experience with Linux/Windows
- Exposed to statistical tools such as JMP, Minitab and best practices in management of large datasets
Western Digital offers a highly competitive compensation package and great benefits. Western Digital provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status.