Manager 5, Program Management Engineering
Location: Batu Kawan, Penang
Req ID: JR-9999035234
We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
This team member will be the factory liaison for the US based sustaining product development team. He or she will be the main interface into the factory on customer escalation issues and will work cross functionally with all factory teams in driving timely solutions to those issues. Additionally, this team member will gather data and information for the sustaining product life cycle process. Prior experience in leading cross functional teams or program management is highly desired. Prior work experience in the design and development of Hard Disk Drive (HDD), Solid State Drive (SSD) technology or Memory products is also preferred.
- Work closely with sustaining program managers and sustaining product development leads to close customer and engineering escalated issues.
- Drive closure of all sustaining eSSD customer issues through factory teams. Provides daily updates on customer escalated issues.
- Lead cross functional teams to establish priorities across all Sustaining programs and drive to closure.
- Pulls together factory functional teams as necessary.
- Assists in drafting 8D’s for customer and factory issues.
- Work closely with Program Management on product life cycle (PLC) deliverables for entry into sustaining through End of Life (EOL).
- Documents & drives the sustaining engineering processes.
- Provide weekly technical program status to peers and upper management
- May attend nightly teleconferences with US based product development teams.
- Provides recommendations on technical risk assessments.
- Drives root cause F/A, closure & verification on all drive failures through product EOL
- Drive factory support for improving yield and reducing test times
- Engineering degree or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years of product engineering or program manager experience required.
- Background in failure analysis, yield reduction and transfer activities into high volume manufacturing is desired.
- Must have knowledge of product development and maintenance through-out product life cycle
- Able to work independently, pulling together cross functional team members to resolve engineering and logistical issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required
- Highly organized
- Experience with Microsoft* Office* tool suite is desired
- Ability to travel internationally(less than 15%)
Western Digital, HGST, and SanDisk offers a highly competitive compensation package and great benefits. The company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status.