The qualified individual will make significant contributions to the development of world-class solid state flash drives (SSD). The primary responsibility of this engineer is PCB layout for all SSD products. We seek an expert in PCB layout for high speed storage platforms.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Design PCB layouts, critical placement, design constraints.
- Apply high-speed digital signals such as DDR3/4, SAS12G/PCIe-G3/4, and Flash Channels.
- Ability to create PCB component placements from datasheets for power circuits.
- Create schematic representations of circuit diagrams, net list preparation and verification.
- Prepare Gerber files and fabrication drawings.
- Generate drawings for assembly.
- Analyze circuits and floor plans with schematic designers.
- Experience with flexible PCBs design, motherboard and flash controllers
- MUST have extensive industry experience with Cadence Allegro 16.6 (17.2 a plus) design tool and constraint manager, OrCAD CIS, Gerber viewer.
- Use of Blind and Buried via technology.
- Demonstrated cross functional team management skills with Design, Signal and Power Integrity, stack up and overall PCB activities.
- Knowledgeable in all aspects of high-speed digital design, high-speed memory elements, and serial communications protocols.
Your contributions will have an immediate impact on the Company's success in our fast-paced environment.
The successful candidate will have a minimum 15 years combination of knowledge and experience as follows:
BSEE and 15 years of experience; or an MSEE and 10 years of experience.
- Solid product, team and time management skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must be detail-oriented with good organization and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to plan and execute work independently.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Capable of working in a cross functional team environment and in managing cross functional teams.
Ability to read, write and comprehend complex instructions, correspondence, and emails in English. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations to internal customers and other employees of the organization.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Frequent sitting, standing, walking, bending, use of hands and fingers, lifting under 20 pounds, grasping, and fine hand manipulation.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Comfortable temperatures, mild noise, working in close proximity to others, and occasional confined spaces.