The qualified individual will make significant contributions to the development of world-class solid state flash drives (SSD). The primary responsibility of this engineer is the hardware design of new SSD products. We seek an expert in digital design with strong high-speed and analog skills. Expertise in the selection, design and implementation of regulated power supplies and analog circuitry is a plus.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Define HW architecture of the SSD platform.
- Knowledgeable in all aspects of high-speed digital design, high-speed memory elements, and serial communications protocols.
- Own the overall hardware architecture and design phase from concept to production. The creation of product definitions, Schematics, PCB design guidelines for high speed interfaces, working closely with the layout team, component engineering, NPI/PE teams.
- Hw Bring up and Validation of the HW platform.
- Using cost effective technologies in the implementation of these products is a key to success.
- The successful candidate must be capable of implementing next generation technology. They must be able to solve problems daily, schedule time appropriately, overcome technical challenges related to high speed digital systems. The ability to interface comfortably with cross functional teams is a must.
Your contributions will have an immediate impact on the Company's success in our fast-paced environment.
The successful candidate will have a minimum 15 years combination of knowledge and experience as follows:
- BSEE and 15 years of experience; or an MSEE and 12 years of experience.
- At least 10 years of experience in the area of digital and analog design
- Board design experience with high speed interfaces 4GHz or higher
- Embedded systems architecture, design and debug
- High speed memory subsystem architecture, design and debug
- SPICE modeling and simulation
- Switching regulator topologies, implementation and debug
- Experience of SI/PI simulation and analysis
- Solid understanding of board layout fundamentals (including stack-up, power/ground planes, impedance control) and the full production process of PCB and PCBA assembly
- New product bring-up and hardware validation
- Product design management and a successful history of bringing products to market
- Critical product definition and documentation
- Understanding of configuration management, BOM management, and document control
- Use of advanced test equipment and troubleshooting techniques
- Knowledge of SSD architecture
- NAND flash theory and operation
- Experience with various storage protocols a plus (PCIe/SATA/SAS)
- Experienced with schematic capture in ORCAD and high-speed PCB design in Allegro
- Solid product, team and time management skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must be detail-oriented with good organization and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to plan and execute work independently.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Capable of working in a cross functional team environment and in managing cross functional teams.
Ability to read, write and comprehend complex instructions, correspondence, and emails in English. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations to internal customers and other employees of the organization.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Frequent sitting, standing, walking, bending, use of hands and fingers, lifting under 20 pounds, grasping, and fine hand manipulation.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Comfortable temperatures, mild noise, working in close proximity to others, and occasional confined spaces.