The Manager of NPM (New Product Management) leads a NPI program management team managing new product development deliverables in the factory. He/she directs the team to complete all tasks in product/process characterization and development, qualification and production ramp up, following SanDisk PLC process.
This position involves the leadership of multiple, concurrent development programs, working with a matrix staff including direct reports, as well as team members from other groups with close collaboration. The Program Manager must lead, inspire and direct the team for superb execution on product development programs and release to production.
- Direct and lead the NPI Support Team with full ownership on program management for all new product development and release, including specific departmental responsibilities listed below.
- Drive the NPI Support Team and product line core team through the SanDisk PLC process for all NPI programs, guiding the team through the deliverables for each phase gate exit from product/process characterization and development to production ramp up, including:
- Prepare and manage assigned sections of project schedule
- Lead all NPI builds and commit the schedule to SDUS counter partners.
- Develop ramp up plan for new products and conduct manufacturing readiness reviews & postmortem
- Facilitate phase review vs gating criteria (design to HVM – target yields, test time/UPH, Cpk, DPPM, Capacity, Materials, etc)
- Consolidate key gap closure action items and drive execution.
- Facilitate collection of data required to make risk decisions
- Ensure timely resolution of factory NPI project team action items
- Drive NPI cycle time reduction continuously toward world class performance.
- Lead and guide the project team to build upon each other’s knowledge and capability and apply lessons learned to new product introduction.
- Manage the resources, time and tasks of the project team, coordinating the completion of milestones with critical product development program goals and available resources.
- Supervise the readiness activities, communicating and driving priorities, and resolving technical, resource and other issues with cross functional team to facilitate achieving the overall departmental goals
- Act as a mentor to the to Cross Function team members, providing guidance in relevant areas.
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.