Designs, develops, modifies and evaluates electronic parts, components or integrated circuitry for electronic equipment and other hardware systems. Determines design approaches and parameters.
Analyzes equipment to establish operating data, conducts experimental tests and evaluates results.
Selects components and equipment based on analysis of specifications and reliability.
May also review vendor capability to support product development. Skills/Experience:
Requires BS/BA degree or equivalent with 5 or more years of related experience.
The ideal individual must have proven ability to achieve results in a fast moving, dynamic environment.
Self-motivated and self-directed, however, must have demonstrated ability to work well with people.
A proven desire to work as a team member, both on the same team and outside of the team.
Ability to troubleshoot and analyze complex problems. Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
Analog/IO Senior Design Engineer would be responsible for designing high performance mixed signal IP’s for controller ASIC. Responsible for the defining specification/architecture, design, layout and characterization of various analog/IO blocks like – High Speed/High Performance IOs, ESD protection, Linear Voltage Regulators, Temperature Sensors, AFE for high speed/high drive interfaces, data convertors etc.
Candidate would be expected to work closely with the inter-continental teams including participation in internal meetings and review sessions.
Candidate will be responsible for the project development cycle by innovative design solutions/methodologies.
The ideal individual must have:
- Proven ability to achieve results in a fast moving, dynamic environment.
- Self-motivated and self-directed, however, must have demonstrated ability to work well with people.
- A proven desire to work as a team member, both on the same team and outside of the team.
- The ability to troubleshoot and analyze complex problems.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Bachelor/Master/Phd in Electronics/Electrical Engineering with 4+ years of experience in High Speed IOs & Analog IPs design/architecture and layout.
- Experience in IO library development flow – characterization, EDA views generation.
- Should have handled atleast two IO libraries completely
- Experience in testing/characterizing silicon
- Familiarity with failure mechanisms, reliability issues and solutions - ESD, Latch-up guidelines, testing and debugging
- Experience in Signal Integrity simulations, SSN simulations, eye diagrams etc
- Familiarity with timing budget, different components of the budget and their measurement for some signaling standards
- Good documentation, communication and presentation skills
- Experience in mentoring small team and manage project deliverables
- Possess good negotiation skills