- Analyze and interpret firmware requirements correctly to come up with test designs that provide comprehensive coverage, and ensure requirement-to-test traceability
- Identify scenario-based tests that cover individual Firmware requirements as well as interactions between multiple requirements / features / modules
- Debugs issues involving advanced drive features across a wide variety of hardware and software platforms, including PC’s, servers, RAID, and various operating systems (Windows and Linux).
- Follows department processes and guidelines for firmware development and strives to meet company goals and objectives.
- Identify effective and efficient mode of test implementation, prepare script-based automated FW testing routines, and create high quality procedures to implement the test designs.
- Participate in the review activities and perform high quality reviews. (Example: test design, test procedures, test results, requirements etc.) .
- Participate in the formal execution of test procedures and follow the established processes prior to, during and after the test execution.
- Participate in System Verification and Validation activities and maintain high quality documentation of the testing results.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronics Engineering, Computer Science.
- Experience working in Storage sector (strongly preferred) or in a regulated industry.
- Experience with tools for automation testing.
- Understanding of PCB design, schematics, layout.
- Knowledge of a scripting language such as Perl, Python or Tcl
- Understanding of SW-HW interfaces
- Able to work in cross-functional and cross-cultural global teams.
- Self-starter and entrepreneurial in nature.