We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what's possible.
The Western Digital Package & Assembly Engineering team is responsible for the development and deployment of IC packages and assemblies for package-level and product-level devices, including package and PCB technologies. The team is positioned between the businesses/hardware teams and the manufacturing sites, with teams located in the USA, Israel, India as well as in SE Asia.
This position is located in Milpitas CA, and is responsible for driving the development and deployment of next-generation package technologies with contract manufacturers and external labs. Key internal interface groups include the Package Engineering teams located in the USA, Israel and India, as well as the CM Operations teams located in Taiwan, China and Malaysia.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate the development and deployment of flip chip and other new package technologies at contract manufacturers, such that those technologies and supporting design rules are fully demonstrated to meet performance requirements in advance of the need for those technologies in actual products
- Coordinate the development and deployment of next-generation interconnect technologies such as thru silicon via at external labs, such that process and hardware performance requirements and supporting design rules are demonstrated in advance of the need for those technologies in test vehicles or in actual products
- Provide technical support as needed to operations and package engineering teams who are deploying the technologies described above at contract manufacturers or at internal factories
- Bachelors, Masters or PhD graduate in relevant technical field
- 5+ years hands-on experience with the development & deployment of solder & pillar flip chip technologies
- Experienced with common package engineering software tools such as Cadence APD, AutoCAD, JUMP, etc.
- TSV post-fab wafer processing and TCB die stacking experience a plus
At the forefront of flash memory storage, industry-leading SanDisk-branded integrated and embedded solutions deliver the possibilities of data for data centers and mobile devices, enabling fast and reliable data access. SanDisk, WD, HGST and G-Technology brands position Western Digital as the world’s largest data storage company and flash memory leader.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law.
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.