The Staff Firmware Engineer will be responsible for the design and development of device software/firmware for SanDisk's flash memory storage devices. The device firmware captures the complexity of managing the storage media to meet the demands of diverse applications, reliability and cost considerations. Responsibilities include design and development of complex data /storage management algorithms, low level device management , scalable software architecture/design, unit tests to ensure correctness. May require to technically lead a small development team.
This position requires a Bachelors/ Masters degree in EE, CS, 6 - 12 Years of relevant work experience
Other desired skills include:
- Excellent programming skills C, Data structures, Algorithms, Design Concepts
- Embedded software development in 'C'
- Low level firmware/software design, development, debug skills
- Ability to design, develop software for resource and computing constrained device environments
- Capable of functioning in geographically distributed team environments
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Pro-active, problem solving approach
- Good to have experience on RTOS
- Experience in firmware development for storage devices, hard drives, memory devices advantageous
- Experience on Low level file system drivers advantageous
- Ability to technically mentor and lead a small team
SanDisk offers a highly competitive compensation package and great benefits. SanDisk provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status.