We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what's possible.
This Firmware Engineer position will focus on product design, implementation, integration, and verification in an Enterprise Solid State Drive (SSD) product development group.
You will apply systematic and analytical engineering approaches to the SSD product life cycle from the design and prototype phase through mass production in a cross functional environment. You will also be expected to perform both individual and population level SSD and System failure analysis to root cause and proven corrective actions as well as develop, implement, and verify new technologies and algorithms.
- Cross functional design phase input and review
- Prototype SSD and System bring up and debug
- Analyze and characterize designs via engineering verification testing
- Support of New technologies - development, characterization and integration
- Sustain in field FW issues on legacy product line.
- Problem solving at all phases of product development
- Analyze test process data for drive development and test process development
- Drive level failure analysis at all stages of product development
- SAS trace analysis to root cause issues.
- I2C trace analysis to root cause issues
- Yield improvement
- Reliability improvement
- Analytical bench strength with oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, signal generators, etc.
- Excellent C / C++ coding skills. Embedded Systems knowledge required.
- 3-8 years Expereince with SAS protocols and ability to do in depth SAS traces analysis.
- Understanding of I2C protocol and implemenattion expereince
- NVME expereince is desired but not mandated
- HBA or Expander FW expereince highly desired.
- A highly disciplined approach to problem solving
- Data analysis skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team member across multiple projects in a result-driven environment.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to travel (less than 15%)