We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
Technical Program Manager (TPM) role supporting the Platform Team in Colorado Springs.
Technical Program Managers manages the development and execution of enterprise storage platforms involving departmental and/or cross-functional teams; plans and directs schedules and monitors budget/spending; monitors the project from initiation through delivery; organizes the interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget constraints.
The TPM is accountable for leading and facilitating functional teams to deliver product to the market place and to meet all program objectives for cost, quality, reliability, and schedule as agreed to in the phase review process. The TPM is responsible for all technical deliverables into the WDC Phase Exit Reviews, Program Plan, Development Requirements Document, Lessons Learned Reviews, Patent Reviews, Change Management, Trade Compliance, Early Ship Plan, Certifications, Declarations.
The TPM is accountable for updates to resources, cost, quality, reliability, and schedule at every Phase exit review.
Provide input as the technical program manager in the Product Core Team meetings and communicates overall program status on a regular basis
Provides all technical program updates to Phase exit reviews.
Ensures program milestones and reviews are met as per Product Life Cycle (PLC)
Provides feedback to Global Program Manager
Facilitates processes for fast, effective product core team decisions, including identification of options, risks, impacts and mitigation.
Manages development build schedules.
Interfaces with suppliers and customer as needed.
Facilitates teamwork across a multi-disciplined technical team.
Communicates to/from all executive levels on issues, decisions, and status of program as needed.
- BSME or EE or MSME or EE or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 10+ years of recent experience as a project/program manager in technology or equivalent work.
- Highly desirable to have cross-functional team experience in hardware development.
- It is a plus to have worked with external partners and managed external relationships.
- Must be comfortable working in an environment where the processes and procedures are still being defined, managing multiple programs and providing guidance and leadership to team members.
- Able to introduce and implement new processes and procedures that will streamline and improve existing processes.