Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Be Multidisciplinary. Primarily your role will involve deep domain knowledge of various maths, statistical methods, and algorithms. However, as this is a higher level position, challenges will arise which require growth in potentially new areas in support of your primary role.
- Adopt, and when necessary, develop tools and code required to provide detail oriented models and simulations of large, complex compute, network, and storage systems
- Provide insights into simulation and modeling architecture and design choices
- Keep current with and act as primary point of contact for the group in regards to all matters related to data analysis and modeling
- Computer science and mathematics background necessary
- Familiarity with current open-source ML and AI tools and frameworks
- Experience with/knowledge of Cloud computing/Hyper-scale environments
- Strong communication and documentation skills.
- Comfortable leading small technical groups for complex projects and will take the initiative to identify problems before they impact the project.
- Able to execute on goals of complex, specialized technical projects/assignments with little to no direction or supervision
- Driven to publish interesting results to academia
Education and/or experience
- B.S. with 10+ years experience or M.S. with 8+ years experience or PhD. with 6+ years experience
- C, C++, Java, matlab, scala, Python, R (in no particular order or preference, these just shouldn’t be foreign to you)
- Some experience with utilizing hardware offload engines for software such as GP-GPUs, Phis, FPGAs, etc.
- Experience and/or knowledge of device level view of storage devices and software defined networking is a plus