· Set best practices policies and standards. Keeping abreast of sourcing best practices and new developments in industry and taking steps to ensure that the company is implementing such practices where appropriate.
o Category management and strategy development
o Supplier management and development practices, including certification programs, performance reviews, and partnerships with key suppliers
o Common supplier scorecards and supporting processes that monitor and report supplier performance in meeting business unit needs
o Shared purchasing processes and policies
o Data collection and management processes
o Internal and external communications regarding corporate purchasing activities
· Uphold internal and external policies, regulations and laws (Governance and monitoring). Head of COE will develop guidelines, policies, and standards for company-wide sourcing activities including compliance with state and federal regulations, e.g., contract compliance, etc.
· Develop and maintain knowledge management across the procurement organization
· Develops and manages a technology roadmap and underlying detailed project plans. Plans and budgets the programs and investments to enable the roadmap including standardization / update of the systems. Manages 3rd party service providers of technology tools.
· Execute continuous improvements on processes, tools, analytics and talent development
· Apply best-in-class spend analytics to manage spend throughout procurement organization
· Monitor savings and define budget impacts. Responsible for all cost benefit tracking and reporting as well as pipeline management, ensuring that all opportunities are accurate and included in the pipeline. Coordinates the annual savings forecast rollup with the Category Managers and Businesses.
· Accountable for ensuring that procurement colleagues are adequately trained including building and managing the capability building program that develops and retains talent in the organization
· Successful, multi-year procurement track record
· 10+ years management or consulting experience with a top firm (not necessarily within procurement)
· A minimum of BS/BA business, or a quantitative field, MBA preferred
· Exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills
· Outstanding people leadership and management skills
· Superior communication skills
· Strong organization building skills, including the ability to attract and develop new talent and to develop linkages with the company’s different divisions and functions
· Experience / familiarity with Procurement module design/development of major ERP systems and other procurement tools
· High energy and the enthusiasm to lead a new organization
· Affable, with a high tolerance for ambiguity
· Distinctive leadership