We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with cross functional team in analytical methods development to enable new critical process, parametric, yield monitoring, triggering capability, events prediction and system development for quick data-info-action transformation
- Transform data into actionable information by data analysis and Statistical/Analysis systems from requests.
- To improve root cause discovery methods/techniques to turn data into actionable information as quick as possible with acceptable level of accuracy of root cause identification
- Conduct research to invent new algorithms and/or customized algorithms to solve analytical problems and build new tools to automate work
- Employ sophisticated analytics programs, machine learning and statistical methods to develop predictive and prescriptive modeling in support of high-level business goals.
- Passionately drive continuous improvement culture by sustaining and improving existing analytics models/systems.
- Support development, deployment and adoption of Analytics systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Technology or Engineering or Mathematics or Statistics and 4-6 years working experience.
- Must have 2-4 years’ experience in developing BI tools and guided analytics dashboards.
- Able to identify data quality and integrity issues.
- Knowledgeable in data infrastructure definition and data mining / analysis.
- Strong in Spotfire 7.7, Automation Services, Advanced Data Services & Stats Services (TERR).
- Knowledgeable in Iron-Python scripting for adding new functionality like data crunching, and visualization automation.
- Must have atleast 2 years’ experience in performing complex data analysis using R, or SPSS.
- Familiarity with data science tools and techniques.
- Solid background in Java and Python, preferably C++.
- Strong in SQL, Query Optimization, Stored procedures on SQL Server, AWS, Teradata, Redshift, Hadoop / Hive, and experience in Data Design and Data Architecture.
- Good English communication skills (written/verbal)
- Establish efficient ways to analyze data.
- Monitor data systems to insure data quality and system performance.
- Troubleshoot and mitigate data quality problems.
- Establish and document data system maintenance plans for IT support.
- Document, support and mentor data user community as to proper use of data.
- Must have good communication and presentation skills.
Deployed by the most prominent organizations worldwide, industry-leading WD-branded hard drives (HDDs), solid state drives (SSDs) and personal storage solutions deliver the possibilities of data and high value from the information they possess. WD, SanDisk, HGST and G-Technology branded solutions position Western Digital Corporation as the world’s largest data storage company.