Western Digital is a world leader in computer hard disk drive manufacturing. We are expanding that leadership to open, data-centric computer architectures.
We create environments for your data to thrive. On your phone, in the cloud, across organizations.
Everywhere data lives, we’re there to drive the innovation necessary for results today and the future you’ll create tomorrow. New devices, new systems, innovative solutions, new architectures, all optimized and tuned to create the right conditions for your data to realize its full potential.
Our Information Security Organization is looking for an experienced IAM Senior Security Engineer with deep knowledge of Identity and Access Management who is an Identity and Access Governance and Single sign-on (SSO) expert.
We are implementing and promoting a cutting-edge IT environment, and we are looking for excellence and awesomeness to be part of our $20 billion family. Here, you can make a difference in your career. Imagine how proud you’ll be when you land a fantastic job with Western Digital®.
We believe in the power of We to encourage all employees to Think Big, Make it Happen, and Do it Together! If this is the professional culture you are looking for, the time is now!
“A profession that completely matches your talent, aspirations and skills is the best profession you can choose
.” ― Eraldo Banovac
- Provide solution overview to the IAM leadership team, architectural guidance and hands-on implementation to the Identity and Access Governance team.
- This technical role will focus on driving technical IAM strategy and approach, and work with other teams to design and deploy end-to-end integration solution and product development support.
Career and Education Experience
- 10+ years of experience on IT or related field
- 8+ years of experience directly related to ILM/IDM/IAM and SSO integration
- BA or BS or equivalent in IT related degrees
Technology and Product Experience
- Identity and Access Management system architecture including RBAC, Single Sign-On Federation using SAML/OAuth 2.0 standards.
- Active Directory systems, Cloud applications / application access controls, Delegated administration, API gateways, and SOA services.
- Product experience includes Saviynt Identity and Access Governance, Microsoft Identity Lifecycle Management/Forefront Identity Management, and Active Directory Federation Services.
Management and Architecture Experience
- Regular development of IAM Roadmap.
- Reporting mechanisms to capture information on the status of the environment.
- Perform security assessments and tool evaluation.
- Work with teams to gather feedback on all integration requirements.
- Advise on solutions based on optimal enterprise architecture and design.
- Conducts workshops and integrates solutions for Identity Management platform as developed by IDM architect.
- Actively participates to improve procedures and standards.
- Escalates issues to management and other teams when appropriate; follows up on issues and the results of issue resolutions.
Operation and Support Experience
- Performs a variety of complex project tasks applied to specialized technology problems.
- Tasks involve integration of identity management processes or methodologies to resolve total system problems or technology problems.
- Applies analytical and systematic approaches in the resolution of problems of work flow, organization, and planning and directs and assists junior engineers in the application of system engineering principles to the solution of secure systems design problems.
- Performs hands-on integration and migration of applications of identity and access management services.
- Maintains and monitors systems to ensure infrastructure integrity.
Team and Implementation Experience
- Collaborative team environment, delegate workload and responsibilities.
- Experience in Identity Lifecycle Management implementation.
- Operationalizing IAM solutions for user and application access by following through System Development Lifecycle and Change Management.
- ERP application integration including SAP and Oracle.
- Integration with cloud authentication services.
- Experience with web and mobile technologies.
- External identities, such as B2B and B2C experience is preferred.
- In-depth understanding of identity lifecycle management concepts and processes including account management, access governance, and access control is a must-have.
- Experience in Governance, Risk, Compliance and Audit support.
Other Professional Attributes
- Demonstrate ability to handle heavy multi-tasking and hands-on development and support.
- Ability to compile, analyze, and summarize data for communication.
- Strength in communicating effectively.
- Strong interpersonal skills to gather feedback from end users.
- Strong organizational, follow-up skills, time management skills.
- Clear ability to complete work with minimal oversight.
Programming + Tools
Java, ASP, VB/Java script, Shell script, .Net/C#
- Primary work in a general office environment.
- Willing to be 24 x 7 on call.
- Onsite operation is required.
- Willing to travel up to 10-25% between 2 locations on ad-hoc basis.