Specialist 4, Employee Relations
Location: Bayan Lepas, Penang
Req Id: JR-0000026123
We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide Industrial Relations (IR) advice/solution within HR and WD Media Penang stakeholders
- Provide advice and guidance on disciplinary, counseling, grievance, and coaching managers where appropriate
- Responsible for EICC compliance in WD Media Penang.
- Handle effective case management of people related issues such as disciplinary, performance management, grievance and absence management
- Investigate and manage all the disciplinary and grievance mechanisms as well as conduct and participate in disciplinary domestic inquiries
- Represent the Company in resolving Industrial Relations (IR) and labor dispute at court proceeding and in IR and labor department
- Manage, execute and monitor Company legal compliance and requirement within IR and labor scope, monitor record retention, ensure audit preparedness and sustain relevant certification
- Liaise with government offices, agencies and Trade Union pertaining to employee related issue and Malaysian Labor Laws
- Review existing policies, procedures, guidelines and propose changes if required for the improvement on the overall Industrial Relation Policies and procedures
- Assist International Human Resources (IHR) Head to develop and maintain industrial peace and harmony through fair and equitable enforcement of industrial relations policies and establishment of effective communication channels with the trade union at all levels
- Bachelor Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or other relevant discipline
- Proven experience with minimum 5 - 8 years of direct working exposure in similar capacity and multicultural company background
- Sound knowledge in IR, ER, Employment Act 1995 and Trade Union Act 1959
- IR, Microsoft Office, employment related acts, influencing skill
- Exposure to EICC / Labor Compliance will be an added advantage.
- Self-driven and strong ability to work independently and with minimal supervision in IR execution and decision
- Possesses strong analytical, communication, interpersonal and problem solving skills
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.