Staff Test Engineering in R&D Engineering
Be part of Test Engineering in a world class company R&D organization. As a Staff test Engineer within the 3DNAND R&D team you will be responsible to work closely with several cross functional teams related to Memory Readiness, System Compatibility, Product Quality and Reliability, and Test Engineering to develop and debug test programs with new test algorithm and methodologies through all phases of product development and Manufacturing. A staff test engineer will primarily be involved with 3D memory device qualifications at a device and system level where they will be an expert in memory operations, controller behavior and device reliability. In order to meet product road map deliverables, your responsibilities will be to design test methodologies to qualify 3D NAND device, develop test programs and debug test issues, perform test support FA using various testers and test equipment, and drive the root cause analysis of the FA failures. You will also be required to write qualification reports and communicate technical status to internal and cross functional team management.
This position requires:
- BS in Electrical Engineering with a minimum of 5 years ATE testing program development experience on ASIC, flash memory, semiconductor device or memory product experience
- MS in Electrical Engineering with minimum 2 years’ experience is preferred.
- Must have strong knowledge of digital electronics and circuits and should have a good working knowledge of various bench systems (i.e. oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, and meters)
- Experience or knowledge in integrating hardware, firmware components and software scripts to deliver a final test program with a tight project schedule
- Familiarity with basic scripting languages such as Python, Perl, C, C++, experience on Hadoop database scripting (e.g. PySpark, Hive) is a plus.
- Ability to do data parsing is a must requirement for this position. Familiar with Linux/Unix environment with test program development
- Data analysis skill. Experience or knowledge about failure analysis procedure, writing necessary scripts to debug FA on bench.
- In depth knowledge on device physics and memory product design. Previous experience on memory product reliability and endurance testing is a plus
- Must have the abilities to work effectively cross-functionally, coordinate priorities and initiatives, troubleshoot and analyze complex problems, and to manage multiple projects simultaneously while meeting project deadlines
- Must be self-motivated and self-directed, however, must have also demonstrated ability to work well with people and have a proven desire to work as a team member, both on the same team and outside of the team
Responsibilities but not limited to:
- Cross functional leadership in define, design test methodology on 3D NAND new product DAT qualification test program.
- Execute the new product qualification test in a timely manner to deliver the results and reports on time
- Lead and initiate the electrical and physical failure analysis on the qualification failures, drive for root cause analysis with cross functional team
- Hadoop big data database management and scripting in Hive, PySpark, machine learning for big data analysis
- Integrate HW, FW and SW API to a test script and develop functional, NAND specific test program
- Analyze and characterize failures on electrical bench setup
- Develop test programs for new technologies and features
- Develop, verify, and implement algorithms for device DAT test process
- Develop advanced SW with API for data analysis automation, qual report generation automation