We deliver the possibilities of data. You define what’s possible.
The power of data is undeniable. A world that’s more predictive, more productive and more personal enables smarter decisions, breakthrough discoveries and deeper connections. As a leading provider of data storage devices and solutions, Western Digital delivers the possibilities of data. Join the team, and define what’s possible.
We are seeking highly motivated students to be a part of our Launch Memory Technology program. These full-time paid roles are designed to jump start your career, offering on-the-job and supplemental training and a robust mentorship program. You get to work alongside the brightest minds in the industry to drive the innovation necessary to outpace new demands and challenges created by data. We’ve only begun to scratch the surface of what data can do. Help unlock its full potential.
In this position, the individual will be responsible for the development of advanced 3D memory device technology. Perform device-level design and optimization, reliability evaluation, and performance estimation, etc. The work will involve with heavy TCAD simulation and some device characterization.
- Current student, pursuing a PhD in Electrical Engineering, or related field with the course work in Semiconductor Device Physics, and graduating between May 2017 and June 2018.
- Good understanding of device physics, strong analysis and computer skills.
- The individual will preferably have simulation (Synopsys TCAD, COMSOL, etc) and non-volatile memory device experience (NAND flash, PCM, etc) as a plus.
- Strong team-player who can collaborate with colleagues.
- Willing to learn new knowledge, and research in a new area.
- Ability to troubleshoot and analyze complex problems.
- Interest in TCAD simulation.
- Minimum of 3.0 GPA
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G‐Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk‐based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law