We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
Western Digital is looking for a Director of Marketing Service Operations who will LEAD and OWN our entire technical documentation and channel e-learning process, content, and toolset. In this role, you will be our corporate evangelist on all things documentation and will ensure that technical knowledge is propagated through our channel effectively. This role would have two teams reporting in: Technical Publications, and Channel E-Training (WDUniversity).
The Technical Publications team is responsible for all forms of user documentation, and channel e-learnings for Western Digital products. This includes documentation for hardware and software products. The Director of Marketing Service Operations provides leadership and strategic direction for the Technical Publications & Channel E-learning group, mentors staff members, looks after workload assignment and leveling, and contributes in a technical writing/editing role at the senior level.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establish internal processes, frameworks and tools by which new technical and SCORM compliant content is created, updated, reviewed, and published
- Manage the internal instructional designers who will create and maintain customer/channel facing technical documentation; oversee and review technical-writing deliverables to ensure quality and consistency for all documentation
- Lead by example, producing high-quality technical collateral as needed; create and maintain technical content, ensuring that the material is technically accurate, well organized, and clearly presented; interview technical stakeholders to capture relevant information; interact with the product and user interface directly to create detailed instructions for a variety of audiences; participate in peer reviews of technical documentation to ensure quality deliverables
- Coordinate any external resources related to customer/technical documentation
- Manage multiple simultaneous content-development projects from planning and estimation through development, delivery, and maintenance
- Evaluate and set the product documentation requirements; working with product management on the delivery format, audience analysis and scope of content
- Prioritize and manage corrections and enhancements to existing documentation, owning the documentation life cycle
- Supervise the performance and career development of our technical writers
- Support a culture of continuous process improvement and passion for outstanding customer experiences
We are looking for those who are driven to work in a challenging, yet rewarding environment with an unwavering ability to deliver, get-the-job-done, and be an invaluable addition to our teams. Additionally:
- Candidates require outstanding attention to detail and a strong background in technical documentation including 7+ years directly managing technical development styles and overseeing documentation projects with additional experience as an instructional designer
- Experience with topic based authoring and multi-channel publishing
- Proven track record in performance management and career development of individual contributors
- A university degree in a related science/engineering field preferred, but greater experience in lieu of a degree is acceptable
- Ability to translate technical information into content that can be understood easily by the end user
- Enthusiasm for producing engaging, informative documentation while adhering to high quality standards
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law.
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.