We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
This position will provide account level marketing and promotional expertise in order to drive increased market share and revenues of Western Digital and its brands of Retail products by developing, implementing and measuring retailer specific promotions and marketing plans. You will succeed by being the corporate expert on the consumer, the competition, the account-specific business drivers, our partners, and competitive & business trends for respective products. You will have the opportunity to create and execute best of breed programs and promotions that maximize retailer and Western Digital benefit.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Execute customer specific strategy for Western Digital including: channel priorities and budget allocation at Mobile Network Operators (MNOs) and Photo Retailers
- Coordinate in-store visual merchandising and retail sales associates (RSAs) training within specific retailers
- Understand the consumer and marketplace dynamics impacting the Memory and Hard Drive categories
- Execute on key channel objectives for the brand and products with account teams and accounts
- Develop a close working relationship with the Western Digital National Sales Managers, internal Retail Marketing and Product Marketing teams, 3rd party partners, and most importantly the retailers.
- Plan and execute channel events including Tradeshows and Partner Summits
- Understand the levers for driving share and revenue at the account level (e.g. on price, shelf presence, display, features, promotions, convenience, etc.)
- Understand consumer purchase habits by account and product; and help establish a Go-To- Market strategy that tells the Western Digital story: In-Store and online.
- Retail Experience - channel or category; 3-5 years relevant experience
- Adaptability and ability to work in fast-paced environment
- Passion for learning
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Experience in event planning including tradeshows
- Effectively coordinate and implement plans
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong collaboration skills - ability to effectively influence others in multiple groups and collaborate to achieve specific goals
- BA or equivalent degree/work experience required
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law.
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.