We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
This is an experienced position in a firmware development team to develop host bus interface code, based on the PCIe interface. The work will focus on attaching an SSD based adapter over the PCIe host bus, using industry standard protocols such as NVMe/SOP or other proprietary storage protocols. Using a structured code development process, the candidate is expected to own an assigned area of firmware code with responsibility for the design, implementation, bench-level verification, support, debug and documentation. Design and development will be in C and C++.
- BS with 2+ years or MS with 0+ years, with experience in embedded code development and debug is a must.
- Experience in host bus adapter or storage development is a plus.
- Knowledge of the PCIe host bus interface and protocols such as NVMe or SOP is highly desired.
- Software development background proficient in C/C++ with an emphasis on, or experience in, real time environments.
- Strong knowledge of structured code development methods and debug techniques
- Knowledge of and experience using typical lab equipment such as bus analyzers, and in line firmware debug tools is required.
- Ability to solve problems as part of multi-site organization and cross functional team
- Ability to provide accurate and timely scheduling and resource information to team leads and managers, and meet scheduled commitments
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law.
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.