We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
You will work as part of an Agile team, and be responsible for developing, testing, deploying, and maintaining existing and new software of a rack-scaled, distributed object storage system.
Engineers need to be creative problem solvers who can develop solutions for innovative new product features, different product deployment scenarios and continuously improve the ease of use, reliability and quality of the product.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Work with other technical teams to plan and develop product improvements across various software components.
• Work in a professional software engineering environment within a planned iterative release cycle.
• Develop utilities to automate operational tasks and remediate known issues.
• Diagnose and resolve problems in operating systems, network, storage, and hardware infrastructure.
• Develop solutions to recover from interruptions and prevent recurring occurrences problems.
• Create and maintain detailed engineering documentation and specifications.
- Master in computer science or equivalent through experience
- 10 years+ programming experience in multiple languages including C/C++, shell programming, and languages like Perl, etc.
- At least 5 years of experience with programming production level software in Python.
- Familiarity with Linux or any other UNIX systems required, including installation, device and network configuration and system management. Kernel and/or device driver experience a plus. Familiar with commonly used software tools like MongoDB, SQL and NOSQL databases, web servers, virtual machines. Elastics Search background is a plus.
- Must have participated in the design of medium to large scale enterprise products and experienced with a product’s lifecycle beyond initial development. Experience with embedded systems and appliances a plus.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have experience with interacting with all product stakeholders, including product management, product marketing, engineering management and developers.
- Must have experience at API design and in writing and maintaining software specifications for developers.
- Must have experience with automated testing strategies of medium to large scale enterprise products.
- Knowledge of contemporary software management tools and software development methodologies necessary.
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law.
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.