WDC's Quality Organization is seeking a manager with at least 2+ years experience in management or significant leadership positions. A degree in computer science, engineering or mathematics/statistics is desired. Team members’ work as part of a global engineering team responsible for the reliability of WDC (HDD/SSD) products as they are integrated into our customers' product environments. Our team in particular works to assure optimal reliability of our drives for each of the many customer environments. In that capacity deep knowledge of coding techniques and machine learning and visualization protocols are needed to expand our analytic compatibility. The scope of this position includes managing working with our internal customers on projects from data mining and machine learning, backend processes and tool creation. The backend data manipulation is critical to enabling the tools for product characterization. These tools will deploy in both our internal engineering data systems as well as customer environments. The associated analysis and ongoing feature improvements are required to make the most reliable product possible. This effort will require the creation of the machine learning models for the drive data to enable use by product designers and customer engineers. They will use the data to understand the HDD performance and reliability. This position requires working with an international team of engineers that are responsible for measuring and documenting performance results and problem resolution.
Qualified candidates should have a MS or Phd degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or Engineering from an accredited university.
Experience with Linux is a plus.
Professional business communication competency, both verbal and written, is required, as is competency with basic office technology (general PC use, email, spreadsheets, etc.).
Interest in hands-on computer coding is expected.
• Strong leadership skills are a requirement
• Background in Java and Python
• Experience with SPSS
• Knowledge of Linux OS is a plus.
• Technical experience in big data computing platforms such as Hadoop and Hive.
• Knowledge of SQL & no-SQL databases is required.
• Knowledge of cloud technologies is highly preferred
• Experience with web application development
• Experience in Spotfire, R-Studio is preferred.
• Background in Math, statistics and Machine Learning methodologies is preferred.
• Candidate must have good communion skills, both verbally and by written.
Additional tasks may include:
• Establish efficient ways to analyze data.
• Monitor data systems to insure data quality and system performance.
• Troubleshoot and mitigate data quality problems.
• Establish and document data system maintenance plans for IT support.
• Document, support and mentor data user community as to proper use of data.