We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible
Western Digital is seeking a Marketing Coordinator to join our Internal Communications team. You are our ideal candidate if you are a highly-motivated communications professional with experience in interactive social media platforms for a large enterprise companies. We want employees to engage, connect, and work together across geographical and time-zone boundaries, and you have a passion for that too. You will assist with the development and execution of programs that optimize the use of the internal community, train employees to use and utilize the platform and enable users to be self-supporting.
We are a great team of people and looking for someone who loves to do great work, be valued for their contributions, make a difference, and have fun doing it all!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the engagement of all employees globally to interact and utilize Connect (our social interactive company intranet built on the Jive Software Platform)
- Teach, train and assist with the development training materials and host online (Connect Clinics) and in person sessions to assist those needing help
- Collaborate closely with internal communicators to update the home of Connect with the latest news and announcements weekly and put together the weekly newsletter The Pulse on Connect
- Work with functional business group owners and regional space owners to teach/train and assist them with creating their communities Write blog posts, help documents, training materials and more
- Mentor space/group community managers (people who publish content to their own pages) to help them optimize their respective social channels and implement best practices and groups
- Work closely with IT to identify and fix issues/bugs, track them through to resolution and implement community improvements
- Actively participate in the Connect Advocates program and assist with educational sessions and missions for members to complete
- Evangelize, motivate and create excitement around community initiatives
- Help enforce consistent governance policies
- Stay current on the latest social trends for social media platforms at work
- Jive Software platform community experience
- Excellent organizational, written, verbal communication skills
- Experience learning new software programs quickly and then teaching and training others
- Open and honest communication skills
- Hands-on and self-driven
- Experience training employees from all levels and geographies
- Passionate about community best practices, principles, concepts, and technologies
- Ability to work collaboratively with a geographically-distributed workforce
- Ability to work across all functional organizations as well as levels in the organization
- Basic UI/UX design knowledge
- HTML experience
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law.
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.