This job posting is no longer active
- Responsible for advanced lubricant design to support media tribology for next generation media and drive development.
- Work with media process teams to optimize the tribology design
- Investigate interactions between lubricant and carbon surface under various stress conditions, and improve tribology performance, chemical and particle robustness of the interface
- Work with lubricant vendors to develop and deliver new molecule structure and functional groups
- Conduct experiments and develop new test methodologies to understand media tribology issues
- Identify fundamental tribology failure mechanisms and propose effective modifications to improve robustness.
- PhD in chemistry, surface chemistry, material science, tribology or related field and at least 2 years of related experience
- Desired experience to include a strong background in surface chemistry, polymer chemistry, carbon overcoat, tribology, with ability to perform tribology evaluation.
- Other desirable skills include the ability to conduct investigation in tribology failures, knowledge and experience of advanced lubricant and surface analysis techniques
- Great communication and presentation skills are a must
- Ability to approach problem solving in an organized manner