We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
- Assist department with long-term goals and strategies
of WW Procurement – GCM, through strategic planning for efficient
executive of goals and objectives.
- Assign, delegate and administrate daily activities to
commodity managers and below
- Ensure consistency and standardization of procedures
practices within procurement department
- Drive issues, organize meetings, setting director and
provide strategies for improvement
- Supervise, control and monitor activities of the
department on progress of key function
- Ensure supplier capacity and flexibility is sufficient
to support planned schedule from PC to meet MPS by products, volume and
- Maintain good communication and relations with suppliers,
all section/departments within WDM and WD overseas plants.
- Adhere to WW Procurement policies and procedures.
- Lead, supervise and motivate subordinates to achieve
companies and/or department goals and objectives.
- Ensure proper management of E&O and EOL products
- Ensure support of VMI, JIT, Buffer Planning
- Manage supplier lead time, liability profile, ERM, BCP
plan, VRT standard cost and contract agreement
- Participate in suppliers’ plant audit/visit jointly
- To conduct & support vendor sourcing, selection,
- Responsible for subordinate’s work performance, welfare
tardiness, Housekeeping, Safety, training & development.
- To promote & maintain general discipline and high
morale among his/her subordinates.
- To adhere to Safety Policy Procedure at all times.
- Generate ad-hoc report as requested by management from
time to time.
- Liaise with IT department on ERP system enhancement.
- Interact with all level within WDM functional groups in
a close loop manner.
- Setup supplier allocation in alignment to commodity
strategy on assigned commodity.
- Further review with Senior Manager and Directors in
setting up supplier allocation.
- Handling subordinate performance appraisal.
- Hire suitable candidates for
positions reporting to him/her upon reviewing with Senior Manager and
- A Bachelor Degree or Higher in any field
- A minimum of 6 years of related experience (2 years
minimum in Disk Drive environment and/or related senior managerial
- Good level of English communication (verbal / written)
- Capable of managing A-tem commodity
- Strong negotiation, supplier management, commodity
management and planning skills
- Strong sourcing and category management skills
- Good listening, communication, interpersonal and
relational skills to develop good relationship within organization
- Self-motivated and ability to multi-task /
collaborate in a team environment
Deployed by the most prominent organizations
worldwide, industry-leading WD-branded hard drives (HDDs), solid state drives
(SSDs) and personal storage solutions deliver the possibilities of data and
high value from the information they possess. WD, SanDisk, HGST and
G-Technology branded solutions position Western Digital Corporation as the
world’s largest data storage company.